Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lab B2: Time To Disco

For my jump rope lesson, I decided to teach the Double Dutch - Disco (Inside Wrap), which was one of my given tasks. I knew that I would have to break down the main objective into progressions in order for anyone to be able to perform it. Unfortunately, the segments took longer than planned and we never got to include the jump ropes. After reviewing my video though, the lesson was only 6 minutes when it had to be 7. This was not my mistake, but I would have been able to get some jump roping in if I had that last minute. The disruption of time affected my Time Coding as my desired amount of activity did not take place. Not to mention the misbehaved students, who ended up taking 40 seconds of my lesson in order for them to be brought back to the lesson.
Looking at my Transcript and Feedback Analysis, I believe that I did a fairly good job helping out all of the students. When people were having trouble, I approached them and helped them through the steps to perform the technique properly. I did not give any positive specific feedback. I guess I was more concerned with helping those having trouble.
Besides the technicalities I experienced, I believe I handled the lesson very well. My voice continues to be a strong point in my lessons as it grabs the attention of everyone. I did, however, forget to recite the cues after my first demonstration. This is actually embarrassing as I had them right behind me on the poster. I did use cues when going on to the next expanded task, except they weren't the same words I had wrote down. They were still correct and were useful. I had challenges ready for the jump rope tasks but we did not make it to those. In my future lessons, I should anticipate the length of giving feedback and plan accordingly. For example, I could have started the inside wrap with the jumping cues, but I didn't realize how long the feedback would take. This is just something I will have to adjust to after more experience.
My lesson can be heard here and viewed below.

1 comment:

  1. you had a great lesson, you really surprised us with your voice. just make sure you are always watching your students you dont want them to leave on you again!

    ReplyDelete